WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool being used to design all types of web pages – marketing pages, portfolio pages, business pages, and so on.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the ultimate click-to-edit front end content creator for WordPress websites.
Does The WordPress Visual Content Editor Meet All Of Your Page Design Needs?
With so many developments that WordPress has undergone in recent years, many WordPress users feel that using the default WordPress content editor to build or edit complex website pages can be quite challenging.
(The WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding more complex content elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the illustration below …
Creating the above content in your content would require entering something like this in the WordPress visual content editor …
Typically, this is not an issue … until you want to change your layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the background color inside a box from red to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the editor).
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to provide users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to create complex content elements, what you see is not what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, users could even be better off working with the html source itself instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to create complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it difficult for non-technical users to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem about having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress visual editor can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the “back end” resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see when working in the editor does not look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to abstract what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require multiple steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for for your updated content to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have come up with various solutions to try and address this issue. Some of these alternative solutions range from stand alone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many complex page-building features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they don’t really address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the front end.
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can start to become very frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your content?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs to be changed, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content is instantly changed.
- You just drag and drop items around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize code.
- You have an idea for some content that you would like to create, so you just start typing, and you build your web page as you go, without delays, with no tab switching, and without having to wait for new content to republish and reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to create content for your WordPress web site? A true visual editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create web content, then here is something that you need to know about …
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Creator – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Creator And Editor For WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag-and-drop content and page builder for WordPress.
It is a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding content to WordPress sites.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor and a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop elements on your web page …
(It adds a new visual content editor to your WordPress site)
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take a look at each of the above plugins and how these exciting features work together to help you transform and improve your website and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder
You can easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every element of your page can be designed, changed and moved around with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once you have positioned elements on a page, you can then continue to customize them without having to go through additional steps or switching tabs …
You can also build stunning landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with the Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers guarantee that you will never look at creating and adding content the same way once you start using it
Learn more about the plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin for WordPress I’ve written about on this site.
To read about this plugin, go here: Thrive Leads – WordPress Mailing List-Building Plugin
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of designing pages and creating content for your website:
Fast And Easy To Install And Set Up. Be Up And Running In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder is quite easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress admin user area and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is not only simple to use, it also lets you create content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “backend” as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get in the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Eye-Catching Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a click-to-edit content editor, but the plugin also includes a jaw-dropping collection of professional design elements that you can customize and insert into your layouts without using short codes, such as flat design elements, feature grids, dividers, responsive video embeds.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for your content to reload frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build content or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, pricing tables, star ratings for review pages, page section dividers, Google Map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides many great features to web site owners. Below we have listed just some:
- Regular Content Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the built-in content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, left-aligned paragraphs, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will display great on different-sized screens.
- Add Animation Events To Your Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animation in buttons, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you easily add conversion-optimized pages to your website)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building web pages
- 100% conversion-optimized page templates
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with any theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized web page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30 templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Typically, in order to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-built web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and edit any aspect of your page templates …
With the landing page templates included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Edit text in any button, headline, bullet point, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other part of the landing page
- Replace the background image or colours
- Change the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Modify content area size
- Rearrange the order of web page elements
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add any type of custom content inside your pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own templates, or even build a custom landing pages library.
(Change and edit anything on the page templates)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your site …
(Add lead capture forms and animated objects to your WordPress website with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a two-step opt-in process)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your pages, using a range of animation effects (e.g. fade out, slide in from bottom to top, roll out).
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments that users have submitted for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin installed.
You can add WordPress short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin Support
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is well-supported, and users get lifetime software updates, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
Product Licensing Pricing
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This option lets you configure the plugin on a single site. Cost includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This edition enables you to configure the plugin on all of your personal web sites. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Edition – Use on all your web sites and on all your client websites. Cost includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost of purchasing the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price shown above was correct when this article was published. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing here: Thrive Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made page elements and conversion-optimized templates that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over your design process and the freedom to edit and customize everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive Content Builder website.
Install The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create amazing marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more information, visit the plugin website: Thrive Content Builder – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Builder Plugin For WordPress