One of the downsides of doing business in today’s online world is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our business information being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or even being completely wiped out.
If you manage anything where information can be viewed online like a business website, then you need to always keep in mind website security and the urgency of implementing a digital security plan.
In addition to creating an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from accidental errors that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If parts of your business involve setting up multiple websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to clone web site data from one site to another would be most convenient.
As the old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website files, therefore, is key. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that disrupt your site is all part of the reality of managing an online business presence. If something this tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to restore lost content, get back an earlier version of your site, or even completely reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and website files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Site
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WordPress plugin that lets you back up your blogs, clone all of your sites and content and keep your WP sites protected with just a few clicks.
After the plugin has been installed on your site, it’s easy to configure your settings for your plugin. You can set up backups to run automatically, email backups, backups using FTP, cloud backups, and even remote backups using 3rd-party data storage tools such as Dropbox and Amazon S3.
For more details go here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Installation Is Easy
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
After entering a license key, the plugin unlocks and the software is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. Everything can be done in a couple of mouse clicks. No web programming skills are required.
Apart from saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your data can be quickly and easily recovered should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your prototype , you can then clone as many copies as you need to any new sites you want to set up elsewhere. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Additional plugin benefits include:
- Back Up Big Websites: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Plugin users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your hosting service and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be quickly and easily restored should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Create Backups Instantly. Click 1 button to back up your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup securely to the location of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Easy Backup Retrieval. Instantly restore your WP site to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files directly from another site, upload using your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “server-to-server” technology enables unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over. No FTP or cron jobs are required, and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Dropbox, Amazon S3 & Remote FTP|Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions. Restore, store and manage all of your data backups in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
The plugin backs up your sites in seconds …
You can restore your backups whenever you want using several backup restore methods …
You can also store your backups remotely, or in the cloud …
Here are a few of the testimonials users have provided for Backup Creator:
“My company manages hundreds of websites in the cleaning industry. Your Backup Creator Plug-In is just what we needed. It’s changing the way we do business.” John Braun, HitManAdvertising.com
“I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
“I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the processes required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|copy your site and then restore it on another location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various websites which use identical plugins and settings in other niche markets. This could be for a nationwide food service outlet, or a real estate agency with offices in various locations, where each office will manage the content of their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Website With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading WP files won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old domain. That’s why it’s important to use a backup plugin that was specifically designed for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be immediately restored and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to an expert who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing files are almost negligible because you no longer have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just go back to the time when you remember you had that file, restore the backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 ( the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The cost to purchase this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price above was current at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WordPress Website Protected
For “how to” videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an essential part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully clone your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP sites.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Site