Do you currently run or plan to run events that need handling bookings, such as workshops, community classes, non-profit fundraisers, social functions, or even a large-scale event such as a school concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend or participate?
Managing event registrations is a complex process. You have to co-ordinate calendar schedules, event dates, attendee numbers, data processing and storage, payment processing and invoicing, confirmations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to event registrants.
There are lots of advantages to setting up an automated online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower expenses, help you easily copy settings for similar events, give you more control, create a more enjoyable user experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that this can be very costly.
Fortunately, if you run a WordPress-powered website, you can easily set up an inexpensive and professional web-based event registration solution.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Management System
The Event Espresso online event management solution plugin allows you to easily set up multiple events and begin receiving registrations in just minutes.
Set up multiple events and take online event registrations with Event Espresso
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed application that gives you full control over the event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can use a number of event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up ticket-selling, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media and autoresponders.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Note: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as the platform is being redeveloped using a different structure to enable future expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The developers aim to eventually migrate completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and features of this plugin.
Learn more here: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticket Manager
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current digital presence into a fully-featured and automated event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually eliminating the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are making it easier for event participants to perform the sign-up process on their own.
Allowing your participants to do the data entry frees you up from doing administration and lets you invest more of your resources on organizing a better event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon learn, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and registration process that you want your customers to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Lower Costs: Event Espresso gives you an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third-party service provider. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where Event Espresso users pay for the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy addons when you need additional functionality.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new signups any time of day or night. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing features and addons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event invite other people they know who may also be interested.
- Green & Paperless Event Booking Process: With Event Espresso, your event registration process can remain entirely in digital form, reducing traditional paper consumption from tasks related to enrollment.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the data you collect from event attendees.
The Event Espresso plugin provides functionality to end-users via built-in features (these are included with the software) and additional features that customers can purchase, called addons.
Event Espresso provides a number of great features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Ready to start using in no time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso lets you set up as many kinds of tickets as you need and set prices, limits on ticket quantities, etc.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Participants can easily find your events and add these to their schedule using the WordPress calendar.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso provides integration with payment gateways, enabling you to collect money before running events.
- Custom Post Types. Integrate Event Espresso into your WordPress theme and display events data throughout other areas of your site.
- Default Prices. Create events quickly with pre-configured default pricing.
- Mobile Registration & Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system lets you authenticate tickets, speed up door registrations, create various check-in stations and track attendees.
- Contact Profiles And Contact List. EE 4 provides you with the tools to understand who your customers are and how you have previously done business with your customers. Your Contact Profile section records the name, biography, contact details, event registration details, private comments, and more about each registrant.
- Admin Pre-approval. Be selective about who can and cannot attend your events.
- Public Commenting. Add a new level of interaction to your event pages by allowing potential prospects to ask questions about your event and previous participants to post reviews that can help others consider whether or not to register. Moderation settings for commenting are specified in the WP commenting settings.
- Works With The Most Up-To-Date Version Of WordPress. The EE 4 user interface follows the WordPress guidelines to help you build beautiful event pages that are easier to use and mobile-friendly.
- Country-specific Settings. You can configure the country and currency settings that will be used throughout Event Espresso, such as currency, currency signs, decimal signs, characters and places, country codes, states or provinces, etc.
- Exportable Information. You can output all of your data collected from your event attendees into Excel or CSV format for compiling advanced reports, planning new marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, and so on.
- Multiple Event Participant. EE 4 allows one person or a group to register multiple participants at once. Event managers can control how many people are able to register in one session by specifying either limits on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Registrant Profiles. You can manage your attendees’ profiles and payment history and keep all of their data organized and easily accessible.
- Staff Manager. Save time and stay organized by reusing staff member profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as team member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in your event description.
- Accurate Participant Manager. You have control of your customers’ date; who has enrolled, for what event and what amount they paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered attendees and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an event attendee list to an Excel spreadsheet for additional uses, send custom payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your registrants individually or as a group.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions And Filters. These features allow developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso plugin that are completely compatible with WordPress.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for normal website visitors whenever you need to carry out maintenance on your site. You can still work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value For Money: According to the mission statement on their web site, Event Espresso’s goal is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a modular and highly effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium version of Event Espresso also includes over 40 added features, including:
- Email shortcodes that include attendee data in confirmation emails and email updates.
- Default surcharge (the same as adding a service tax to tickets).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides addons, which allow users to further enhance the functionality of your event management process.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Grid Template Addon: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize events with many date times into a drop down list.
- Events Calendar Table Template Add-on: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can be customized to display an event thumbnail instead of the date.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your website is featured on Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can also specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Template Add on: The Custom Template addon lets you display your events in a range of exciting and interesting ways.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Editions: This addon lets you involve staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic addon allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and assign them different permissions with different privileges, so your staff can help you manage your events or events that others create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain sections of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro addon.
- Multi-Event Registration Addon: The Multi-Event registration addon gives your potential attendees the ability to register for multiple events at once. In each event listing attendees will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multiple Event Registration addon, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- Events Table View Template Addon: The Events Table Template addon gives you a simple and easy-to-use system that allows you to change the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets developers build custom templates using one of the included templates as a source template.
- JSON API Addon: The Event Espresso JSON API add-on enables other applications, websites, mobile applications, etc… to access your Event Espresso content through an API (Application Programming Interface).
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin, including new addons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espresso features and addons, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – Event Management & Registration Software For WordPress
Customers – Testimonials
Here are a few of the testimonials that plugin users have posted about Event Espresso:
“It is a very, very slick plugin. It’s one of those plugins where you install it, change a couple of settings, and boom you’re selling tickets.” Brad Williams, WebDevStudios
“Customizing an Event Registration plugin for WordPress by @EventEspresso. Love the pro version. Highly Recommended!” Joshua Garity
“You guys have done an AWESOME job with this system…promise me to keep up the excellent work you guys are doing, for as long as you can… Respect!” Robert Jarnroth, Jarnroth Digital Productions
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a motivational speaker, teacher, show promoter, or event professional, there are just endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso software.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a licensed user, go through the support forum for useful ideas and practical suggestions to improve your event management process or enhance the experience of your event participants.
Event Espresso Support
Event Espresso is fully compatible with most WP plugins and WordPress themes that follow WP coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent user support, as many of its clients confirm:
“Your plugin saved our client nearly $9000 in development costs because it handled the majority of the functionality we were looking for at a much lower cost. Event Espresso’s staff have been very responsive to our needs when we have them (which has been rare, because the plugin is so well coded). Great job on a great plugin!” Brandon P., Experience Farm
The software provides great support with access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how-tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to a community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can depend on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso Cost
Event Espresso is available in a number of plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin options, however, you may want to consider downloading one of the paid plugin versions below:
- Personal Licensing – This lets you install Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Pricing includes 32 Premium features, 5 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $99.95.
- Business Licensing – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 32 Premium features, 14 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $199.95.
- Developer Edition – This option enables you to install Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 32 Premium features, 18 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $549.95.
The cost to purchase the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software sells for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Information
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the plugin’s documentation tools for answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to a specific situation, or to notify developers about errors and give feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event registration and ticketing manager software, used by thousands of WP website owners.
If you own a WordPress-powered site and you intend to run events that involve managing dates, times and venues, enrolling participants, and/or reserving tickets, then you will probably not find a more suitable software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso