One of the worst things that can happen to a website owner is to break the law.
If your website isn’t compliant with laws designed to protect consumer rights, you’re breaking the law.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of incurring serious financial losses and the loss of your reputation. Why risk your money and reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively? In this article, we review a simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress users that can help make your website compliant in minutes.
Does Your Site Comply With All Legal Requirements?
As the digital business realm continues to grow at breakneck speed and rules constantly change, it’s vitally important to stay on top of what’s happening and to make sure that your website or blog remains legal, especially if your digital presence is a fundamental part of your overall business strategy.
If you do not display certain legal pages on your site (e.g. terms of service, privacy statement, earning disclaimers, etc.), many sites like Google won’t let you advertise, sites like ClickBank will not allow you to list your digital products on their network, PayPal could shut down your account and withhold payment of your funds, Facebook and many other social sites could suspend your applications, and you won’t be allowed into various leading advertising and merchant networks.
Plus, you may also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to lawsuits or legal action.
At the very least, if your website is not compliant, visitors may lose trust and confidence in your business.
(In addition to legal and regulatory compliance, almost all 3rd-party services require you to comply with their policies and guidelines!)
Legal Disclaimer: We are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice on this website.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website could be subject to various legal requirements in accordance with mandatory federal, state or local laws and regulations that govern your business,
- How important it is to comply with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you are promoting or using in your website, and
- There are solutions that can help your site become more compliant, such as the plugin that we discuss below.
If you suspect that your website lacks in terms of compliance, there is a simple plugin for WordPress sites you should know more about.
Today’s WordPress Plugin Is …
Compliance Bar – WordPress Legal Plugin
Compliance Bar Plugin is a total compliance & disclaimer solution for your digital presence …
More info: Compliance Bar Plugin
Benefits Of Using Compliance Bar Plugin
Here we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Compliance Bar Plugin to make your website instantly legally compliant:
Quick And Simple To Install And Configure. Be Up And Running In Very Little Time.
Compliance Bar Plugin installs just like every other plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Easy To Edit Compliance Page Templates
You can easily edit the pre-built templates inside Compliance Bar from the settings menu with the WYSIWYG content editor.
Dedicated 24/7 Plugin Support Team
Compliance Bar plugin provides a dedicated plugin support team to help users if they experience any issues.
Additional benefits of this plugin include the following:
- Customized Templates: The Compliance Bar plugin will create your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training: Compliance Bar is not complicated to use – a full library of training videos is available if users need help.
- Can Be Used In All Countries: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to make sure that the built-in legal templates provided in Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin wherever your business is located.
- Use On All WordPress Sites: As long as your website is powered by WordPress, you can use the plugin for all website purposes. Just select the pages you need to add to your site and ignore any unnecessary pages.
Compliance Bar Plugin provides many features to web site owners. Here are just a few:
- Fast and simple to install and set up. Be up and running in no time.
- Display Visually Appealing Icons – The plugin displays links to your legal pages using attractive icons that can be positioned on different locations in your page. You can also upload icons of your choice.
- Display Sensitive Content – If your website includes content that should be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, adult, etc.), Compliance Bar can display popups that require users to accept your terms and disclaimers.
- EU User Cookie Compliance – If you are based in Europe or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must be aware of EU compliance laws. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar notifying your visitors and covering your business from non-compliance issues.
- Record & Store IP Addresses – The plugin can record and store your visitors’ IP address for reference, just in case a user accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims otherwise.
- Shortcodes – Compliance Bar is integrated with shortcodes that populate the templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your site or blog, (including the pop-ups).
- Mobile Friendly – The plugin has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and will display mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor web browsers.
Compliance Bar Plugin Features – Details
Once you have installed the plugin, the plugin’s Settings section gets added to your WordPress admin area.
Let’s briefly review these …
There are a number of default categories in this screen where your business details can be entered (e.g. “Contact Name,” “Support Email,” “Location Details,” “Product Name,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Website URL,” “Support Desk URL,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Page – Image source: plugin documentation)
The Compliance Bar Plugin uses dynamic shortcodes to insert the information from your User Profile fields inside your legal page templates …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Screen: Shortcodes – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required information has been entered into the plugin settings fields, users can then access the other sections of the plugin.
The “Compliance Pages” area lists all of the compliance pages …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Pages – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Below is the full list of templates made available by the Compliance Bar plugin last time we checked their website:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can easily and quickly create legal pages for your website or blog by simply selecting check boxes and clicking the “Save” button on the “Compliance Pages” section …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added inside your “Pages” section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin comes with a default set of icons for referencing your legal pages …
Icons can be changed. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your site’s design …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Icons – Image source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Compliance Pages
You can easily edit and delete the compliance templates from the “Compliance Pages” tab, just as you would any typical WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Legal Page Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
- Editing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin will notify you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. compliance pages created before installing the plugin).
The plugin settings area provides many options to customize the Compliance Bar, including position, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, icon size, selecting which pages to include an icon for in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your front page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and offset distance …
(Compliance Bar Section: Create Bar – Image source: plugin documentation)
- You can create unlimited Compliance Bars to display different icons on different pages, or to cover a range of uses in other areas of your website.
- The plugin lets you display the Compliance Bar on the main page of your website, even if you are using particular theme frameworks (like Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme settings as a built-in template, and not as a normal static WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile devices, you can only select up to a certain number of page icons to display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it displays links to your legal using dynamic icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like to feature the compliance bar …
If your website includes content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, dating, etc.), the plugin can display popups that require users to accept your website’s terms or disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” area lets you fully customize your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Screen: Create Pop Up – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
You can create a number of customized Pop Ups displaying on different pages, or to cover different uses in other areas of your site …
You can also set a delay time if you don’t want Pop Ups to display as soon as visitors arrive, set cookie durations to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time period, and capture the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
If your business is based in Europe or display your content to visitors in the EU, you need to make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
Compliance Bar lets you manage the settings for compliance with EU Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” section …
(EU Cookies Screen: Manage Settings – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” section, lists all of your legal disclaimers and shortcodes, and lets you edit the page content …
The “General Settings” area, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and receiving plugin updates …
Feedback From Users
Below are just some testimonials that customers have written about Compliance Bar Plugin:
“One of the most annoying parts about building out a site is to make sure it complies with the law. I always leave this part to the end because its painfully dry and boring and frankly I always just wished there was an easier way. Then I came across Compliance Bar and its literally the most versitile and brilliant plugin I have ever used. All my pages meet FTC requirements now and all I had to do was press a button! Anton and Jon..you guys friggen rock – 1000% highly recommend this!!” Anthony La Rocca – Founder (Hustle Marketing)
“If you are like me, you maybe have quite a few WordPress sites, all needing attention and most importantly, all needing to be on the right side of the law! I’ve tried several legal pages plugins and in pretty much every case, they let me down. They simply cause more work than they solve.To me, the answer should be simple. It should work and it should let me get on with building my site. After all, I know I NEED to do this stuff, but hey, I don’t really WANT to! So, for me, I don’t want those plugins that cause more work than they solve. Simple eh? Well now it is because Anton & John have just created this baby that is the answer to my needs. The Compliance Bar Plugin does what I need it to do then lets me get on with my empire building…Perfect!” Tony Grant (Portfolio Sports)
Compliance Bar Plugin Tips
Below are a few useful ways to use Compliance Bar:
- Display compliance icons on specific pages of your site only.
- End refund disputes by clearly spelling out refund terms before customers purchase.
- If your website contains content that is deemed inappropriate for persons below a certain age, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar provides users with dedicated support to help users if they experience any issues. Plugin users also have access to an entire library of training videos.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, thirty day, 200% money-back guarantee. If your edition of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 business hours (M – F), your purchase price will be refunded in double.
- Single Site Licensing – Can be installed on 1 of your own domains. Price = $47 (Normally $127)
- Business – Install the plugin on 25 sites that you own. Cost = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Professional License Edition – Install the plugin on multiple domains that you own. Install the plugin on any client site for payment or as part of a paid service. Cost = $97.00.
Please Note: Price details for this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin retails for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual price set by the software author when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar
Legal Pages Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers claim on their website that all legal page templates have been reviewed and approved by a leading lawyer. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area for peace of mind.
For a demo video of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar website.
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-driven websites. We recommend installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar Plugin – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Disclaimer: Once again, please note that we are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice in this article. Do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website fully complies with all legal requirements wherever your business is based.